Sarah is an espnW columnist, a SportsCenter Anchor for Chicago’s ESPN 1000 and a reporter for ESPNChicago.com. She’s unusually tall, remarkably sarcastic and absurdly competitive.
Sarah grew up in Lake Forest, IL, where she was an All-Conference and All-Area basketball player and was All-State in both field hockey and track. She went on to attend Cornell University, where she was a heptathlete and co-captain of the Track & Field team. She graduated with distinction in all subjects and was a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and the Golden Key National Honor Society (top 15% of her class). She was a member of the 400 Club, honoring Varsity athletes with a semester GPA of at least 4.0 and she earned the Blanford Award for the Varsity Track & Field senior who scored the most career points.
After college Sarah briefly worked at Intersport Television in Chicago before moving to Los Angeles. She spent six years in L.A., where she graduated from the Second City conservatory, worked as an associate producer for “The Final Score” on Fox Sports Net and did freelance acting, sportswriting and hosting.
Sarah returned to the Midwest in late 2008 to work for Chicago start-up website MouthpieceSports.com. She was a jack of all trades there, acting as a producer, writer and reporter. In 2009 Sarah switched gears, writing a popular sports blog on ChicagoNow.com, acting as a recurring guest-host of “ChicagoNow Radio” on WGN AM-720 and did freelance writing for the Chicago Tribune Red Eye, the Chicago Cubs Annual and several online publications. Sarah also did some sidelines reporting for the Big Ten Network and hosted the Coors Light Fantasy Players Minute, an online fantasy football show.
In early 2010, Sarah helped launch WGN-TV’s “Chicago’s Best,” joining co-hosts Ted Brunson and Brittney Payton to highlight the very best food, drinks and more in the Windy City. Exploring new neighborhoods and scouring the city for the best brunches and bars, sushi and sweets, helped Sarah fall even more in love with the great city of Chicago.
Getting paid to chow down and drink up is tough to beat, but when ESPN came calling, the offer was too good to pass up. Sarah started at ESPN 1000 in early 2010 and soon added gigs with ESPNChicago.com and espnW.com to her resume. For Sarah, the opportunity to cover the Chicago teams she grew up loving is truly a dream come true.
When she’s not watching, talking about or writing about sports, Sarah loves live music, wine, improv comedy, board game parties, spending time with her family, coveting other people’s puppies, going out to dinner and dominating rec league softball, volleyball, basketball and football games.
- Cornell University, Ithaca NY B.A English, GPA - 3.83
- Second City L.A.Conservatory Graduate
- Various ESPN Television appearancesAs Myself (2013)
- "The Final Word" on Fox ChicagoGuest Host (2012)
- "Chicago's Best" on WGNCo-Host (2010)
- Big Ten Network Sidelines Reporter, Football (2009)
- "The Final Score" on Fox Sports Net Associate Producer (2005-2008)
- ESPN Radio Chicago, WMVP-AM 1000 SportsCenter Anchor and Host (2010-Present)
- ESPN Radio Chicago, WMVP-AM 1000Host, "Get Your Life Back w/ Dr. Jeff (2012)
- WGN Radio 720 Host, ChicagoNow Radio (2010)
web and other
- espnW.comColumnist (2010-Present)
- ESPNChicago.comReporter (2010-Present)
- "X-Games Snocross" - Raw Thrills Arcade Game Game Announcer (Voice Over) (2011)
- Guys Book Club (Web Series)As Myself (2012)
- ChicagoNow.com Blog "No Spain, No Gain" Writer/Creator (2009-2010)
- Coors Light Fantasy Players Minute Host (2008-2009)
- MouthPieceSports.com Reporter/Writer (2008-2009)
- Mitsubishi "What Are You Into?" Campaign Host (2008-2010)
- Various Nike EventsEmcee (2011-Present)
- Open Heart Magic Charity ClassicEmcee (2013)
- The Art of Style: Art Van Furniture OpeningEmcee (2013)
- Lekotek Ambassador BallEmcee (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Aging Care Connections Sports BallEmcee (2012)
- ESPN/Intersport All-Star Football ChallengeEmcee (2012)
- StubHub Super Bowl Pregame BashEmcee (2012)
- Big Buck Hunter World ChampionshipsEmcee (2010, 2011)
- Blogs With Balls 3.0 Emcee (2010)
- The Fifty/50 Ultimate Eating ChallengeEmcee (2010)
- WNBA Chicago Sky Emcee (2009)
honors and awards
- Graduated with Distinction in all Subjects, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Golden Key National Honor Society (top 15% of class), Dean's List, 400 Club-Varsity athletes with a semester GPA of at least 4.0, Blanford Award for the Varsity Track & Field senior who scored the most career points
- Cornell Varsity Track and Field 1999-2002, Captain 2001-2002, School Record Holder 1999-2002, Ivy League Championship Scorer, ECAC Qualifier, Ivy League Team Champions-- Indoor /Outdoor, 2001-2002, Junior Olympic Track and Field Nationals--13th and 8th Place Finishes 1998 &1999